Sunday, April 20, 2014

Winter is over

Its been a while since I last posted, primarily because I wanted to use the Kedel for several months and see what it could do. I've received several requests for additional information since I had the Kedel installed and for the past few weeks I can't go more than a day without an inquiry.  So here it goes.  This will be the first of several posts outlining the performance of the Kedel this winter.
One of the most commonly asked questions is "Are you still happy with your Kedel?   The honest answer,  Absolutely.  I couldn't be happier.  I did not burn a drop of oil all winter, which was a significant savings. I purchased my pellets locally at $200/ton which is less than the price of cordwood.   The Kedel ran without a hitch all winter, and we had a cold winter.  This December was the coldest we've had in decades and the house was comfortable the whole time.  I was able to travel for work without worrying, sleep the whole night without getting up to stoke the wood boiler, and the even heat made the house feel even warmer than it actually was.
Maintenance was minimal, but that will be another post, as will be pellet consumption/brands. 
So Yes, I'm very pleased with Kedel.  I made a good choice, no regrets, wish they were around sooner.
Stay tuned.  Next post, Maintenance.

1 comment:

  1. I have nothing but problem after problem with my kedel from an ignition/firing motor burning up to the latest problem which is the pellets just partially burning resulting in cinder like ash and mostly black partially burned pellets in the ash bin. I have had to pay for a new ignition motor and computer. I am at my wits end. Anyone else having the types of problems.

    ReplyDelete